Producer - Sandton
To coordinate production workflow in broadcast with a focus on quality standards, budget control, deadlines and relationship management
• Produce all projects to the highest quality standards and ensure on-time delivery within the agreed budgets.
• Draw up project documentation i.e. timelines, budgets, schedules, lists, templates and briefs.
• Financial administration: quotes, budgets, costs and profitability, reporting, POs, reconciliations etc.
• Follow correct approval protocols and keep abreast of changes to internal accounting processes/procedures; adapt approach and inform
impacted stakeholders and suppliers accordingly.
• Track and monitor budgets: flag variances and additional costs timeously.
• Scope each job thoroughly: extract all requirements upfront during pre-production and define the brief in detail to ensure accurate budgeting.
• Review briefs: obtain clarity from relevant parties where necessary and ensure that all supporting documentation and required assets are
supplied and in the requisite format.
• Make sure that all assets received are checked against the relevant QC standards before work commences on a project.
• Produce accurate estimates to determine realistic and achievable project timelines.
• Manage and drive deadlines: where possible ensure that team stays ahead of schedule and allow for sufficient time to accommodate
• Convene WIP meetings and inform all affected parties timeously of any changes to schedules, briefs and deadlines.
• Troubleshoot and pro-actively pre-empt issues that might arise further down the line: in such an event communicate challenges and viable
solutions to all affected parties.
• Maintain a central filing system, upload files regularly and ensure that there are no major backlogs.
• Record materials needed for each project in the relevant system location using the correct file naming conventions and ensure all completed
are uploaded to ZONZA.
• Make sure final delivery is done according to the standards and technical specifications relevant to the media platform and country destination.
• Maintain acceptable and professional business communications protocols and standards.
• Keep communication channels open and stay informed of internal and external developments that may impact output.
• Build and maintain mutually beneficial and sustainable relationships with internal and external stakeholders, clients, suppliers and creatives.
• Promulgate a culture of knowledge-share and collaboration, both within the team and with external stakeholders.
• Keep abreast of all industry related developments and advancements: where necessary motivate for a business case if anything comes to light
that should be added to the Hogarth business offering to remain competitive and/or stay ahead of the competition.
• Continually define new ways to increase client satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
Competencies, skills and knowledge:
• Post production experience
• Informed of relevant systems and software specific to the industry
• Results-driven and deadline focussed
• Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to develop long-lasting and trusting relationships with agencies, creatives, agency producers, client
service teams and project managers
• Ability to maintain composure under challenging circumstances
• Flexible to work afterhours and weekends as and when required
• Ability to solve problems under pressure
• Professional in conduct and appearance