Sample and Finished Goods Purchasing Manager - Durban
Production Co-ordinator/Account Manager (SPORTS) based in MOBENI, DURBAN
- Provide reports to the Sourcing Executive on the design brief, cads and Tech pack throughput from designers during range
development window – (weekly design productivity meetings) so as to ensure calendar deadlines are met. Update after each meeting and report again.
- Send Tech Packs to suppliers after checking them for completeness and within 24 hours of receipt for costing and receive costs within 10 working days.
- Obtain quotations from factories and populate template that have been nominated by Sourcing Executive including last price paid, targeted prices etc.
- Confirm prices and supplier with Sourcing Executive and advise the Information Manager
- Add in new source of supply, what the prices are and date received on the Common Drive – Price List Template.
- Update and keep pre-production tracking template in real time. Track and ensure on time delivery of all pre-production milestones – internally and externally – samples and approvals including Waybills, vessel names etc.
- Obtain the bulk PO’s from the Information Manager on time, send to suppliers, and receive supplier confirmation within 10 working days confirming price quantities, obtain bulk production planned week and ex-factory delivery dates of sampling and bulk – (ensure that suppliers are
FFC compliant) – written confirmation.
- Order and issue all labels Kimble’s that we supply for production to suppliers for production.
- Ensure on time delivery by tracking the styles progress through the factory progress reference template. Keep tracking templates updated at all times and present exceptions in the weekly production meetings (or if urgent immediately to the Sourcing Executive) for resolution.
- Keep factories honest and to deadlines – any deviation report to Sourcing Executive and Information Manager.
- Resolve within 48 hours or report to PD.
- Resolve within 48 hours or report to CEO.
- Ensure fit and resubmission samples are dispatched and capture waybill number as per calendar.
- Ensure that comments to go back to factory on fit within 2 days of receipt of the fit sample.
- Request and monitor production status with suppliers in accordance with the tracking template.
- Request approval samples and submit to design team for approval.
- Order QA samples for customers and track on template.
- Request fabric and trim samples, ensure on time delivery and submit to design team for approval.
- Request and compile shipping and packaging documents for shipping department – Weights, cartons, packing slips, ex-factory dates, list of contents etc.
- Notify Supplier of all claims, submit claims to PO Co-ordinator to raise debit note. Keep spread sheet log of all claims per supplier.