Production Foreman Infrastructure Building Material Manufacturing - Nelspruit
Production Foreman (Infrastructure/Building Material Manufacturing)
R230K – R300K per annum CTC
A leading engineering and manufacturing company in South Africa/Africa dealing with infrastructural products and belonging to a reputable market leader requires an analytical Production Foreman based in Mpumalanga. The ideal candidate for the position would come from a production management background in a manufacturing environment
Africa’s leading engineering and manufacturing company dealing with infrastructural products requires.
The successful candidate must have:
- Relevant Production related qualification
- Five years experience production management experience in a manufacturing plant of medium to large size.
- Experience in manufacture of cement / concrete based products would be an advantage.
- Computer literate (Microsoft packages, (Excel, Word))
- Production and mechanically orientated
- Receptive to rotate within regions for development purposes
Your busy and challenging day will include but not limited to:
- Effective and complete running of Production, Technical, Industrial Relations, Safety, Quality and Training of employees in the Business Unit
- Weekly production planning with Business Manager and Sales staff
- Daily monitoring of actual production against the planned targets
- Calculate standard usage of materials
- Order raw material stocks timeously
- Knowledge of standard capacities of each machine section
- Manage efficient response in respect of plant repair or breakdowns and take corrective action
- Follow up problems identified by the operators in their sections
- Manage availability and maintenance of moulds to ensure consistent product compliance
- Draw plan and report back monthly on mould and preventative maintenance
- Oversee production methods or techniques to ensure consistent quality products, i.e. casting techniques, curing, handling, etc.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by providing consistent product quality and meeting delivery targets
- Ensure compliance with ISO 9001 and SABS requirements
- Study Quality Control Report daily and take action if needed
- Facilitate and monitor Invocom meetings and record minutes and ensure good communication with workers at all times
- Provide feedback on performance, results and action required
- Train production staff in efficient based production / manufacturing techniques and processes to ensure high and consistent levels of safety, quality and productivity
- Agree and review KPA’s with subordinates
- Undertake regular safety inspections
- Ensure workers comply with Safety Act, rules and regulations.
- Analytical abilities
- Good Administrative skills
- Communication skills
- Team player
If you have good communication skills and you would like to apply for this exciting opportunity then please apply on line!