Production Supervisor - East London
- Material planning for daily targets and implementing mechanisms to achieve increased targets.
- Inspecting raw materials to confirm they meet the company’s quality requirements
- Communicating job expectations to staff.
- Planning, monitoring and appraising job results.
- Initiating and enforcing systems; policies and procedures.
- Developing employee personal growth opportunities.
- Maintaining work flow by:
a. monitoring steps of the process;
b. setting processing variables;
c. observing control points and equipment;
d. implementing cost reduction mechanisms;
e. facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points
- Completing the production plan by:
a. setting achievable structured targets;
b. scheduling and assigning personnel;
c. establishing priorities and monitoring progress;
d. revising schedules and resolving problems;
e. reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Maintaining quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Assisting in providing manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analysing production performance records and data.
- Assisting in creating and revising systems and procedures by analysing operating practices.
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Qualifications and Experience
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering or Production Management.
- Business Administration qualification will be an added advantage.
- 5 years’ experience in a supervisory role in the Metal manufacturing industry essential
- Detailed time and motion studies
- Strong leadership, problem-solving and time-management skills.
- Production experience and traceable record of setting of production targets
- Able to manage staff and handle disciplinary issues