Quality Manager - Durban
Minimum Requirements/Criteria include:
• Degree (BCom/BTech/BSc) preferably in Quality Management (essential)
• Minimum of 5-6 years QC supervisory experience within a food manufacturing or Division QA environment (essential)
• QMS & SAP QM experience a strong advantage
• Exceptional communication skills (written and spoken)
• Knowledge and experience with MS Office, SAP, e-mail and spreadsheets
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
• Quality Assurance - Developing and implementing appropriate verification programs and systems to manage product quality and minimize non-conformance. Assure Company and customer requirements are met and plant is in compliance with applicable regulations.
• Manage Department Personnel- Developing departmental personnel to effectively execute the requirements of the quality system as they apply to the QC department. Set performance standards, provide feedback & follow up.
• Decision Making - Responsible for making technical decisions that involve risk assessment and compliance, which can affect both product costing and customer satisfaction.
• Developing Others - Developing training and communication programs in support of continuous improvement in of quality and safety. Developing appropriate technical skills within work group and general plant population.
• Technical Leadership - Designing and implementing elements of the quality system, obtaining and communicating technical information as appropriate to plant process and in support of operations improvement.
• Cost Management - Managing the cost of compliance with the cost of non-conformance constantly seeking to find the least cost approach to assuring Company and Customer requirements are met. Developing budgets for department, work to reduce costs.
• Complying with Company Policies for SHE and Quality.
Location: Successful incumbent will primarily be based in Durban, KZN.