Receptionist - Port Elizabeth
Location Port Elizabeth
Purpose statement To apply processes to ensure the smooth running of the office with a focus on reception.
Reports to: Wealth Manager
Reception and boardrooms
• Efficient operation of the switchboard
• Switching modes, answering all incoming calls promptly and politely; assessing caller’s requirements; transferring calls; taking messages;
delivering messages to the relevant staff member timeously
• Manage and update the boardroom calendar
• Greet visitors and staff
• Maintain overall appearance of reception and all boardrooms in line with the company’s mission and vision
• Ensure equipment in the reception area and all boardrooms are functioning.
• Ensure boardrooms are neat and usable at all times.
• Co-ordinate with the office cleaner in order to prepare the boardrooms for meetings.
• Attending to the setting up of the office at start of business and shut down at close.
• Responsible for managing all outgoing and incoming couriers, receiving and cross-checking goods upon delivery.
• Liaise with telephone system provider with regard to any faulty telephones or any changes that need to be made on the system
• Printing monthly calls and sending to head office for advisor allocations. Keep record of allocations on an excel spreadsheet.
• Printing, allocating and obtaining sign-off from advisor for monthly printer cost allocations. Keep record of allocations on excel spreadsheets.
• Arranging food and beverages within budget for presentations, meetings and events, as required.
• Ensure that the extension list for Cape Town’s Office staff is continuously updated on SharePoint.
• Recycling: paper collection.
• Binding of company documents.
• Supervise the operational maintenance of Cape Town Office including; changing of bulbs, alarm system and generator assistance.
• Responsible for maintenance printers and scanners for all divisions based at Cape Town Office including; monthly counter readings, ordering
of toners and printing paper.
• Ordering of stationary for all divisions based at Cape Town Office.
• Ordering of all groceries for Cape Town Office.
• Managing of monthly post and collections at Post Office.
- Minimum requirement: National Senior Certificate (Grade 12 / Matric) NQF 4
- 1-year experience in a similar capacity
- Basic level of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent knowledge of English and Afrikaans (speak, write, understand)
- Excellent telephone etiquette
Skills and Attributes
- Professional and presentable
- Strong work ethic
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Team player
- Effective communicator
- Planning and organising
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.