Regional Regulatory Affairs Manager - Durban
Minimum Requirements/Criteria include:
• Tertiary Degree. A science qualification will be an added advantage (essential)
• Minimum of 4-5 years relevant and practical Regulatory Affairs experience preferably within the FMCG space (essential)
• Experience in working within the Regulatory environment in South Africa is a must
• Existing relationships and involvement within working committees and industry bodies is desirable
• Expertise in legislation and regulation
• Experience within R&D and/or Communications is a strong advantage
• Exceptional communication skills (written and spoken) - must be able to clarify and articulate complex technical issues into simple messages
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
• Leading the regulatory agenda in the business and communicating with both internal and external stakeholders
• Cascading information internally and educating the business on how to take a strategic approach to developments in the regulatory environment
• Preparing scientific and technical background notes, on any issues related to ingredients, formulations, environmental impact & other aspects and providing effective inputs to issue management in the region
• Ensuring that the business is connected to key external authorities to meet regulatory requirements and shape the future to land innovations.
• Building awareness of any new and emerging issues in the regulatory environment within South Africa
Location: Successful incumbent will ideally be based in Durban, KZN (Negotiable).