Regression Test Analyst - Sandton
CITIZENSHIP: South African
Regression testing is automated software testing that seeks to uncover new software bugs, or regressions, in
existing functional and non-functional areas of a system after changes, such as enhancements, patches or
configuration changes, have been made to them. Therefore, it is safe to say that the role of Regression is paramount, as it allows for peace of mind that the system is working in the manner that the client requested.
• 3 years testing experience (Automated testing is preferable)
• ISTQB qualification (minimum of Foundation level)
• Testing back ground (automated preferred)
• Knowledge of Groovy / Java
• Background in Insurance; Medical Schemes; or Employee Benefits will be advantageous
• Knowledge of MS Office at Intermediate level
• Must have matric certificate
• Train Client teams to setup and maintain Regression Environments according to set processes and procedures.
• Train Client teams to record test scenarios.
• Train Client teams in the correct ways to log work with the Regression team using JIRA.
• Monitor Client teams that they consistently follow the processes and procedures correctly.
• Train Client teams to read Bug Reports and Daily Reports sent by the Regression team.
• Ensure that the Client teams act on the reports received.
• Ensure that communication between the Client teams and the Regression team is open and healthy.
• Assist Regression Team in scripting when needed.
• Writing reports weekly on status of each Client team.
• Training / mentoring new members of the Regression team