Research Manager consumer market research - SandtonSalary Negotiable
- Recruiter: PSM Personnel
- Location: Sandton, Gauteng
- Salary: Salary Negotiable
- Sector: Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Job Type: Contract
- Date Added: 11 May 2012
- Applications: 0
- AA/EE opportunity?: No
- Benefits: Not Included
The main purpose of this position is to assist with developing quality consumer and shopper insights through research and assisting with co-ordinating the market research functions in South Africa
The minimum requirements are:
- A university degree with a minimum 3 years relevant experience across various qualitative and quantitative research projects.
- Experience in both FMCG and or Marketing research industries.
- Well developed communication, writing and interpersonal skills. High level of computer literacy as well as knowledge of marketing information
- Knowledge of Consumer Market Research – that covers insight development, advertising research, concept testing and brand equity research.
- Knowledge of the basic principles of FMCG marketing.
The person will;
Work closely with Marketing within South Africa to:
o coordinate research requirements for the brands;
o assist with managing the research process and details;
o handle consumer immersions;
o manage local 3rd party research agencies to ensure reseach objectives are met
A structured approach is required to coordinate the local research function across the teams, yet with certain flexibility as timelines often need to be moved. Recommendations to be made based on a mix of fact and intuition. Go beyond answering questions and ticking boxes, by providing insights and actionable information that will deliver a positive commercial result. All research and delivery of results to be conducted in accordance with the guidelines, and using as much global experience as possible.
On a day to day basis, this position is responsible for supporting the Market Research head, in particular on the South African business. The position will from time to time (dependent on market requirements) interact with Sales and Customer Marketing to provide support to both to ensure the effective implementation of consumer / customer focused and relevant activity.