Safety/ Health/ and Environmental Manager - Pretoria
Major Responsibilities include:
• Align to Compelling SHE Vision: Align stakeholders to a compelling vision for SH&E, aligned with the T&P/SC strategy. Champion Nestle SHE policies and regulatory compliance activities / execution. Inspire the sites/region to embrace SH&E values, excel in compliance & continuously improve, leveraging NCE foundations and NIMS (management systems).
• Investigate Incidents & Monitor Performance: Continuously build leader competencies and improve incident investigations efforts to ensure identification of root causes and action plans. Accountable for quality of SHE data collection, and other tools for reporting, collating and analysing data
• Manage High Hazard Tasks: Implement the permit-to-work program to manage high-hazard tasks, incorporating risk prediction and aligned with Nestlé philosophy. Be accountable as SME to support sustainability improvements and comply with waste, storm water, waste water, spill prevention, regulatory reporting and emergency response.
• Plan for Emergencies: Coordinate development of response plans & capability for relevant emergency situations, e.g. injuries & illnesses, fire, explosions.
• Drive Behavioural Change: Serve as SME in SHE engagement/messaging to front line and FL leaders. Drive & enable sustained behavioural change. Champion a "no-harm culture" & integrate the Nestle Safety Leadership Basic Behaviours and NLF for field leaders and employees. Ensure execution of SH&E behavioural feedback processes, aligned with NWNA policies.
Key Requirements and Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent experience.
• Took ownership of SH&E and drove change through personal leadership.
• Analyzed SHE incidents to identify multiple root causes.
• Audited to close process gaps and drive performance improvements.
• Influenced behavioural change in a team/department.
• Worked on cross-functional teams.
• Translated policies & standards into practical action plans.
• Coached individuals and teams in different environments.
• Held one or more line (or project) management positions.
• Worked in operational or industrial environment.
• Communicated effectively with different organizational levels.
• Took proactive approach to anticipate issues or improve current practices.