Sales Trainer - Cape Town
To plan, co-ordinate, conduct and implement comprehensive Sales training programmes and interventions for staff, predominantly in an Outbound Telemarketing environment.
The incumbent will be responsible in ensuring the application of best practice training methodology and evaluation methods are consistently delivered against customer and business expectations.
• To ensure new agents are inducted by conducting orientation to the company and departments specific sales processes
• Develop coaching plans; providing assistance and resources including the scheduling of orientation to the learner groups
• Determine training needs of agents by observing sales reports and engaging with Business stakeholders
• Develop individual results by maintaining policy and procedure resources i.e. training manuals and scripting
• Providing coaching; conducting training sessions as well as developing outcome improvements for learners and or training
• Ensure department productivity is optimised through appropriate planning, hands-on management of the team and introduction of best practices.
• Develop cost effective training options to meet specific business needs and create a high performance workforce across all products, systems and skills required.
• Develop strong business partnership relations with internal and external stakeholders to support growth objectives
• Compile and produce relevant reporting and analysis in order to maximise training results
• Research and development: explore and share industry trends, support Customer Operations strategy
• Ensure Coaches are led and managed optimally and performance management applied consistently. Coach and mentor staff in line with the company values.
• Accomplish sales training and organization mission by completing related results as needed
Key Leadership & Interpersonal Competencies
• Interpersonal skills that enable good working relationships with people at all levels
• Coaching & learning facilitation skills
• Ability to inspire & ignite optimistic, positive energy
• Ability to think & act systemically & strategically
• Capacity to collaborate, integrate & facilitate teamwork
• Learning agility & adaptability
• Problem solving and negotiation skills
• Organisational and planning skills
• People management skills
• Self-monitoring, personal management and self-discipline
Qualifications & Experience
• Matric/ Grade 12 certificate
• Training diploma/certificate of relevant training courses completed (advantageous)
• Accredited Assessor
• 3 years relevant Sales Training experience with a proven track record
• Knowledge and experience in course instructional design processes and concepts