School Headmaster/Principal - Johannesburg
The brief of the incumbent would be to implement a Canadian or similar education curriculum at the school and improve the quality of education provided to the learners.
• Motivating and implementing a suitable international, bilingual junior & senior school curriculum such that students finishing in school will be able to apply for further studies at universities and tertiary institutions from around the world,
• Managing and motivating the teachers (this may include restructuring),
• Maintaining school and pupil discipline & control,
• Organizing sports & extra-curricular activities,
• Ensuring the school has the necessary teaching materials etc.
• Interacting with the parents in the development of the children,
• Implementing an adult basic education program for mine employees,
• Managing the development of the school as a business venture offering places to third parties who will pay for the academic services offered at the school.
• Qualified teacher status (as recognised by a relevant Department for Education).
• Successful completion of significant additional study relating directly to the education of primary and secondary aged pupils and/or the management and organisation of a school.
• English speaking and willingness to learn Spanish in a period of 5 months.
• International experience essential.
• Good understanding of International education policies, legislation and compliance.
• Salary up to $ 4,500 / month, with 10% taxes. 13th and 14th salary paid in June and December.
• 5 days working week plus additional time during weekends and holidays at no additional cost
• You will be entitled 21 working days leave / year.
• Medical assistance, Life Insurance, free meals, Accommodation at nominal rate and other benefits.