Senior 3G Optimisation Engineer RANSalary Negotiable
- Recruiter: Top Notch HR Solutions
- Location: Abroad
- Salary: Salary Negotiable
- Sector: IT & Telecoms Jobs
- Job Type:
- Date Added: 19 April 2012
- Applications: 0
- AA/EE opportunity?: No
- Benefits: Not Included
Our Client in Ireland has the mandate to support under-resourced regions in service delivery and new engagements. This unit will also be a receiver of global competence assignments as well as supporting new product & service introduction. The client in Ireland will initially serve Region Sub-Saharan Africa (RSSA) but will expand over time to support all regions.
The client is looking for senior 3G Optimisation Engineers in RAN to join its team based in Dublin. As a member of the Ireland team you will be part of the service delivery team RAN supporting Region Sub Saharan Africa (RSSA).
As a senior 3G Optimisation Engineer, you will be the technical lead in optimizing our customer networks and proposing necessary solutions for improving performance. You will have a high level of customer interaction at multiple levels. You will be working predominantly through the Establishment, Realisation & Handover phases of projects.
This role is likely to be suited to senior technical persons with end-to-end Technical knowledge of the RAN area, with demonstrable Communication and Consultative skills.
- Perform Network wide nominal planning for 3G/UMTS rollout.
- Perform detail analysis and reporting of any anomalies or potential problems.
- Perform 3G/UMTS coverage and capacity planning and pre launch tuning.
- Plan the Node Bs in a 3G RF planning tool with optimized antenna azimuths, antenna types, antenna heights, tilts etc.
- Perform CPICH and channel power allocation.
- Assign Node B RF parameters.
- Define optimal neighbour relationships.
- Scrambling code planning.
- Formulate capacity upgrade and/or plan new site/s to address capacity issues region wide.
- Study traffic and resource utilization figures and make suggestions.
- Dimensioning of RAN Network(CEs, Channel Cards, Node Bs, RNCs) for coverage and capacity and quality requirements.
- Analysis of site performance after integration using drive test measurements.
You have the following:
- Education to degree level.
- 6+ years telecom experience, with at least 4 years 3G experience.
- Excellent team leadership skills and leading teams experience.
- Excellent WCDMA Radio Knowledge (Radio Propagation, Air Interface and Protocols, Cellular NW principle, Interference, Traffic estimation).
- Excellent understanding of RAN features and parameters.
- Good knowledge of Planning tools.
- Knowledge of Propagation Model Tuning Knowledge of all 3G Network elements and their main characteristics.
- Good track record in engaging with customers.
- Knowledge of LTE
- Experience of LTE an advantage.
The role involves extensive travel up to 90% initially in Region Sub Saharan Africa with assignments lasting from 1 week to 6+ months.