Senior Conveyancing Secretary - Bethlehem
• Research and fact gathering
o Investigate the facts of matters and ensure that all relevant information is considered and compiled.
• Interviewing and liaising with clients and other parties
o Liaise with all parties in the conveyancing process on a daily basis. This includes individual clients, Banks, Mortgage Originators, Purchasers, Sellers, Agents, Municipal Departments, Body Corporates & Provincial Deeds Offices and SARS to ensure efficient conclusions to property & bond registrations.
• Drafting and analysing legal documents
• Coordination and administration of case matters
• Word processing and filing
o Type, check and file legal documentation & correspondence using the firm’s standard templates. This includes Dictaphone typing.
• Invoicing and collections
o Balance amounts due to the Seller and Purchaser by taken into account all expenses and interest earned. Pro Rata shares payable by Seller and Purchaser in respect of expenses such as rates and levies must be accurately calculated
o Finalise statements
• General office support
o Answer and screen telephone calls, take messages and greet clients.
• Relevant tertiary qualification in paralegal studies
• Certificate/Course/Diploma in Conveyancing
• 3-4 years’ experience
• A working knowledge of conveyancing and the functioning of the deeds office.
Salary negotiable at interview