Senior Offshore Project Manager ( MSP ) - Cape Town
One of South Africa’s leading petroleum companies is looking for a Senior Offshore Project Manager (Contract for ±3 years).
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• BSc Eng Degree or equivalent
• More than 15 years relevant project management experience with exposure to offshore projects in the oil and gas industry.
• Must have a successful track record of project execution and management through all phases of project development, from conceptual studies and detail design to installation, commissioning and operations
• Must have gained this experience/track record in the management of offshore projects
• The size of previous projects must have been in the region of USD1 billion.
• Manage a Mega Offshore Project consisting of drilling, subsea infrastructure and topsides modifications, within schedule, cost and safety/quality measures
• Manage both aspects of the F-O Project, which comprises employees, specialist consultants, contractors/suppliers involved in the project ranging from design engineering to construction and including all other co-ordination needed e.g. third parties and stakeholder management
• Take full technical and commercial responsibility for the execution of the F-O project
• Put in place and review all prime contracts and develop the Project Execution Plan
• Implement the Project Execution Plan
• Manage all changes/variations in the F-O Project in accordance with the Management of Change process
• Report regularly to the F-O Project Steering Committee
• The key areas of responsibility which include: Drilling (60% of project Capex), Subsea Infrastructure (30% of Capex), Topsides modifications (5% of Capex), and Project coordination & miscellaneous (5% of Capex) are managed by the Drilling Manager, Subsea Manager and the Topsides Manager respectively, who report to the Senior Offshore Project Manager
• Responsible for the overall Project Management
• Demonstrate good leadership and people skills
• Must be capable of managing a team of approximately 80 people
We offer a competitive salary package with numerous fringe benefits.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.