Senior Software Engineer / Technical Lead - Stellenbosch
R60 000 – R84000 ctc pm –negotiable depending on experience
Join this team of technical leaders developing application server components and user interfaces for
data organisation, data exploration, data analysis, data visualisation, GIS and workflow.
Help us to extend their position as market leader providing insights into telecoms big data delivered by very large distributed processing systems.
They work in an agile team with high customer focus developing Java software in a continuous integration environment.
Obsess over requirements, design and user experience to deliver just the right product that promotes user adoption and delights customers.
Have a passion for developing robust, reliable, high-throughput systems used by hundreds of expert
operators, analysts and administrators.
Over time, provide guidance on adoption of advances in technology and software architecture design to improve their position in the market through the quality of their products.
• At least a B.Sc. Computer Science degree or equivalent with at least 5 years relevant experience in an aligned position.
• Expert in requirements analysis in order to create and communicate exceptional designs.
• Expert in software development in at least one programming language and environment.
• Deep knowledge and experience developing software in an agile continuous integration environment with excellence in automated test.
• Practical experience in software development process improvement. Nurture a team culture to follow agreed processes.
• Familiarity with tools to support the processes.
• Demonstrable experience in technology evaluation to continuously improve architecture.
• Experience in leading projects and teams.
• Mentoring team members in new technologies or approaches, reviewing code and giving feedback within the team.
• Strong interest and experience in user experience design.
• Experience in multithreaded performance centric design
• Experience in deploying solutions to production, providing support and maintenance, dealing with user and support feedback and troubleshooting to rapidly solve problems.
• Innovate, solving tough problems and revealing unique solutions
• Detail orientated approach that seeks to gain a deep understanding of the domain
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills to promote collaboration and enhance teamwork
• Aspire to learn new skills and research to gain knowledge