Senior Travel Consultant - Cape Town
Mahlatini Luxury Travel is an Africa & Indian Ocean specialist with a global, high-end customer base.
Reflecting exceptional service levels, a reputation for expertise, and a growing legion of loyal clients, Mahlatini has recently retained its crown as the UK’s Best Safari, Wildlife and Nature Holiday Company.
The successful individual will have a demonstrable passion for travel, with at least 5 years proven track record selling luxury, tailor-made African holidays to an international clientele. Using their in-depth knowledge, the successful individual will design tailor-made luxury itineraries for our discerning clients. They will be responsible for converting warm leads into sales, in a target-driven environment. In addition, the ability to deliver excellent, highly-personalised customer service is paramount. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are also essential.
Responsibilities of Senior Travel Consultant
• The creation of high quality, tailor-made itineraries for a wide range of client segments, from honeymooners to families. Responsibility for the end-to-end sales process including planning, costing, implementing and confirming itineraries; through to post-travel communications
• Conversion of warm sales leads with a mix of email, telephone and Skype contact to build client rapport and trust
• High quality presentation of travel itineraries customised to the client’s unique requirements, along with supply of relevant supporting information and advice
• Delivery of gold standard client service at all stages of the sales process to engender repeat and referral business
• Proactive expansion of product knowledge keeping abreast of all latest industry news and developments to ensure expertise and specialism in all destinations is maintained
• Maintain up-to-date commercial knowledge and in-depth knowledge of properties, flight routings and logistics
• Engender good working relationship with colleagues and trade partners; and exhibit a strong team ethic.
An in-depth understanding is required of the destinations within Mahlatini’s travel portfolio and first-hand knowledge is essential. As such, from time to time, you will be required to visit these destinations on research trips.
Skills and Experience
• 5 years+ Travel Consultant experience in a tailor-made environment
• Demonstrable sales acumen in a target-driven environment
• Excellent communicator
• Excellent customer service skills
• Advanced levels of IT literacy
• Highly organised with strong time management skills
• Strong attention-to-detail
• Competency in GDS / flight operating systems.
• 3rd level qualification