SERVICE TECHNICIAN - Johannesburg
Salary: Excellent package on offer (Will be discussed during interview).
Our client a leading supplier of liquid filling solutions has an opportunity for a SERVICE TECHNICIAN to join our Customer Support Team. This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified Millwright residing in Johannesburg and surroundings to provide a service to our clients in the Gauteng region.
The candidate must be able to operate independently, without constant supervision and will be responsible for the installation, commissioning and maintenance of our machines on our client’s sites. You will be reporting to the Manager and manage the Customer Support in Gauteng. You will be expected to provide excellent service to our clients.
Requirements and skills:
• Qualified Millwright
• At least 3 years’ machine building experience and production machine maintenance in a
• manufacturing environment
• Preferred experience in the Liquid Packaging Industry i.e. fillers, unscramblers, end-of-line equipment, blowmoulders, cappers etc.
• Knowledge of electrical and pneumatic fault finding required
• Excellent people skills and customer service orientation
• Must have the ability to work independently
• Must be able to travel both nationally and internationally
• A positive attitude, self-motivated and reliable
• Must be computer literate in MS Word, MS Excel, Internet and MS Outlook.
• To plan, schedule, monitor and control the workload and output of the design office personnel.
• Fault finding & repairs.
• Installation and commissioning of our machines at clients premises.
• Maintenance and after sales assistance.
• Re-building and servicing of equipment. Attending to breakdowns and problem solving.
• Ensures that safety standards are maintained.
• Excellent customer service.
• Coordination and project management of works orders and after sales jobs, to ensure on time delivery.
• Technical support to customers, spare part representatives, designers and technicians.
• Customer training and assessment of machines.
• Quality control and assurance.
Apart from a market-related salary and company benefits, the company offers exceptional growth opportunities and professional development experience.
Closing date: 30 April 2019
Vacancy Type: Permanent