Opportunity for a SmallTalk Developer!
- Must have Matric / Gr. 12.
- Major in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related area. Prefer Master’s degree or above.
- 3-6 years’ experience with an OO language (Smalltalk, Java, Ruby, Objective-C, etc).
- OO DB skills on Gemstone.
- Strong OO design skills with understanding of common Java design paradigms.
- Experience translating business requirements into operational systems.
- Experience implementing business workflow systems designed to improve reliability and reduce manual effort.
- Ability to propose creative and elegant solutions to complex technical problems.
- Commitment to operational excellence: building low-defect systems that are user-friendly with low operational burden.
- Willingness to own all stages of development process: design, testing, implementation, operational support.
- Willingness to work in an agile team development environment, have basic knowledge of agile design process, experience developing software in an agile environment is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of database, SQL.
- Familiarity with Spring, Hibernate, Web Services, Oracle, MySQL is a plus.
- Experience building large-scale, fault-tolerant distributed systems is preferred.
- Experience with event-driven systems highly desirable.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Analyse Software requirements and plan development accordingly.
- Develop high quality and effective Software within strict timelines.
- Communicate effectively with Business Owners, Managers, Quality Control Specialists and Co-Developers regarding plans, issues and timelines.
- Be willing to help and teach Co-Developers and Quality Control Specialists when necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve, identify alternative solutions and communicate best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Clear credit and criminal record.
Salary: R 40 000 – R 50 000 per month depending on work experience and skill level.
Please note that if you have not been contacted within 7 days of your application, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You are welcome to call our offices for more information on 087 295 0701.