Snr Contracts Manager - Roads - Johannesburg
• The position is responsible for the delivery of a construction project/s in particular Roads and
Associated projects ensuring profitable, on time and on quality completion thereof.
•In addition, the position provide technical input and design solutions to Contracts managers
Skills, Experience & Education:
• BSc, BTech, HND or ND in Civil Engineering with 15 - 20 years of experience in the Roads & earthworks industry in respect of managing construction projects of which at least five years has been in a senior management capacity with emphasis being placed on construction and contract management; financial management, risk management, business strategy, commercial and legal management; operational planning and implementation and staff management
• Construction management, planning and programming
• Legal and contract administration
• Financial management
• Risk Management
• Staff management and labour related legislation
• Business environment
KEY RESPONSIBILITY/PERFORMANCE AREAS (KRA/KPA’s)
• Contract/project oversight and delivery
• Client liaison and relationship management
• Risk management
• Staff management and planning
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To construct and deliver the allocated section of work within a specified time frame with allocated
• Read, understand and explain drawing specifications to Foremen.
• Ensure safety compliance to and promote safe working practices.
• Monitor construction activity on site to prescribed quality standards.
• Monitor production and make daily progress reports for submission to Line Management.
• Identify bottlenecks, resolve them and streamline the construction process on site.
• Integrate various resource requirements of production teams on site.
• Monitor, control and improve production and productivity levels on site.
• Conduct production planning and integration meetings on site
Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying for the above position, please consider your application unsuccessful, we will however endeavour to search for suitable positions that may be appropriate to your experience and location.