Software Developer (Senior) - Pretoria
Software Developer (Senior), Pretoria
My client with ties in the defence industry has a position available for a Senior Software Developer. You will be responsible for the software development in the group of modelling and system of systems that provide decision support to SANDF programmes by predicting systems level behaviour and performance.
If you revel in a fast paced deadline driven environment then this will be a fantastic opportunity to expand your career in the defence industry. This is a great opportunity to be part of an already highly successful team of engineers that daily work on finding answers to questions that have never been asked before.
- A minimum B.Sc, B.Eng or equivalent in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (preferably a M or a PhD).
- Five years’ experience in large distributed (enterprise) system software development.
- Must have at least three years’ experience on both Unix and Windows development platforms.
- South African citizenship as security clearance is required for this position.
- SA citizenship is necessary as a security clearance is required for this position.
- Software agent design and implementation.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Effective listening and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise; co-ordinate and implement.
- Ability to do work accurately and meticulously.
- Willingness to study further.
- Fluent in English Language (read, speak and write).
- Development of research questions,experimental design, problem identification and evaluating and implementing solutions.
- Publish research and project reports.
- Co-author publications with colleagues and/or external experts in the field.
- Assist with demonstrations and presentations to customers and stakeholders.
- Support the definition and execution of experiments, models and simulations.
- Actively participate in or lead efforts to maintain quality of current technology demonstrator and coding standards.
Our client is an Employment Equity Employer, giving preference to suitable previously disadvantaged candidates who contribute to the diversity of the Company.
Salaries will be calculated according to qualifications and applicable experience.
Medical Aid and Pension Fund.
Credit, criminal, qualification and employment history checks are a pre-requisite for this position.
Should you not be contacted within 10 days please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Please note that correspondence will be entered into with short-listed candidates only.