Software Engineer - Stellenbosch
Salary negotiable between R45000 – R62000 ctc pm
Exciting opportunity to become a vital and high contributing team member developing high quality software for distributed systems. Are you the kind of person who strives towards problem solving and on time delivery of the right product? Take full ownership of all implemented features.
This internationally recognized company as a leading-edge innovator and preferred independent global supplier of telecommunications solutions to national governments and the law enforcement
community. Their solutions are currently implemented around the world.
Join this highly skilled agile team with strong customer focus to develop Java and Golang software
for a service-based architecture in a continuous integration environment. Their systems are used by
hundreds of expert operators, analysts and should be able to run unattended.
If you have a strong passion to develop robust, reliable, high-throughput and highly available back-end software systems and to integrate with various other components and/or sub-systems.
Help to extend their position as market leader by building systems that adds value to their customers, is scalable and can adapt to the ever-growing volume of telecoms traffic.
The following are required:
- Proficient in any of these languages: Golang, Java, C, C++, C#, Python (Note however, software development is done predominantly in Golang)
- Proficient in Unix based operating systems
- Min 3 years’ experience as a Software Developer
- Passionate about software
- Driven to solve tough problems in innovative ways
- Critical thinker and detailed orientated
- Communicate, collaborate to enhance teamwork between team members
- Self-starter and Self-motivated
- Aspire to learn new skills and research to gain knowledge
- Experience with highly available distributed systems and scalable software architecture
- Experience in/or background knowledge of the telecoms industry
- Experience with Git, Elasticsearch, Grafana, Salt-Stack
- Experience in machine learning
- Experience in concurrent software design
- Experience in compiler theory
Golang, Java, Elasticsearch, Saltstack, Grafana, Git
BSc Computer Science Hons, BEng (Electric & Electronic) or Masters
The awesome benefits at this company:
• Above market related remuneration
• Profit sharing
• Great personal and career development opportunities
• Great work atmosphere
• Work with cutting edge technology and high tech domains
• Learn how to build a product, from requirements gathering through to final delivery