Aluminium Sales Engineer
Type of Business:
Negotiable based on Experience - will be discussed in the interview
Type of Business:
The company is a supplier of performance enhancing products, equipment and services to the aluminium and other industries globally.
The position has sales and gross margin accountability, including all related sales forecasting, budgeting, new product/service introductions, inventory management, (including raw materials) stocking agreements, customer satisfaction and; customer intelligence collection and activity documentation for assigned accounts in the company’s Contact Management System. Occasional international travel will be necessary requiring a passport. Position reports to regional sales manager and is part of a global sales organization.
• Relevant Engineering Degree.
• Experience in the Aluminium Industry.
• Minimum 6 years’ experience in a Sales Engineer role.
• An entrepreneurial outlook, English communication skills, communicator/relationship builder, well organized, self-motivated, curious with a technical aptitude, resourceful problem solver, negotiator, competitive, decision maker, has an ownership mentality, integrity and is a mature team player.
• Equivalent experience in one or more of the following related area(s) – manufacturing, business, marketing, metallurgy, materials science, chemistry and/or engineering, business to business sales experience along with PC computer skills in Microsoft Office® software, web browser and Windows PC operating systems.
• Knowledge is required of company products and services, their features, advantages and quantifiable customer benefits as well as knowledge of their assigned account’s manufacturing processes and operating norms as they relate to the products.
Competency and Description:
• English Language skills are fluent for business related conversation, reading and writing of e-mails, customer records, technical papers, computer instructions, job related databases and industry publications. College level standards are expected for assignments where English is the native language.
• Communication and Relationship Building.
• Organization. Begins with the end in mind, thinks through what needs to be done and how it can best be accomplished. Tracks progress and maintains information in an organized retrievable manner; is able to keep commitments and appointments, uses their time and the time of others wisely.
• Goal oriented and is a self-starter, has a definite and positive desire to get things done in a timely manner. Understands the need for a sense of urgency. Brings positive energy to assigned tasks and is not easily discouraged or derailed. Displays a genuine passion for their responsibilities and assignments.
• Technical Aptitude/Curiosity - Has the ability and desire to understand technical processes, designs and chemical reactions relevant to industrial manufacturing. Displays a natural inclination to learn and understand work related processes.
• Problem Solving. - Solves difficult problems with a simplest solutions approach; asks good questions and probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see underlying or hidden problems and patterns; is excellent at honest fact-based analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at first answers. Demonstrates the ability to think through possible resources and solutions in a rational manner and then act.
• Negotiating. Can negotiate skilfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups.
• Competitive and enjoys and thrives on a challenge; strives to continuously improve and deliver winning results.
• Decisive - Is able to make a decision with a reasonable amount of the facts using sound reasoning, makes an effort to gather the facts by consulting the process experts
• Ownership - Accepts responsibility for actions and assigned tasks; avoids excuses and blame and is willing to be held accountable; works through setbacks and challenges and accepts leadership responsibility for getting results with assigned accounts.
• Maturity - Displays a broad understanding of challenging situations, retains composure and clear thinking Can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can manage personal stress and is not knocked off balance by the unexpected, doesn’t show frustration when resisted or blocked, is a settling influence in a time of crisis.
• Integrity - Can be relied upon to do what is committed to; dependable independent of circumstance to do the right thing, in an honest open way; inspires trust and confidence
• Team Spirit. Creates strong morale and spirit on his/her team.