Technical Inspector - Springbok
* Develop and maintain sustainable relationship with our clients and be the
principal contact person for our clients owning and operating mining equipment in
his region of responsibility.
* Carry out full inspections and performance testing on mining equipment and
accurately report back internally and externally on the condition of the machine and
defects noted. Based on the inspection report and the finding of defect components
suitable spare parts proposals, New or SX, shall be presented to the customer.
* Provide guidelines to our clients for the planning and execution
maintenance under best maintenance practices.
* Carry out full machine inspections and establish damage reports for the
purposes of trade-in evaluations as and when required.
* Apply technical knowledge to machine applications, giving advice to our
clients on correct mythology and usage of mining equipment.
* Report misuse, if any, internally and externally to our clients and keep
it properly filed and documented.
* Correctly complete the necessary feedback reports required by the factory
after machine handovers.
* Report back to sales, service and spare parts departments at about
issues discussed with our clients.
* Promoting products and services, e.g. SX program, to our clients.
* Monitoring and coordinating actions of various departments that
contributes to world-class after sales service.
* Ensuring adequate technical support for our clients.
* Contribute to the development of solutions to meet the needs expressed by
our clients and/or to address technical problems encountered in the field.
* Minimum 5 years post apprenticeship experience on heavy hydraulic
earthmoving equipment, preferably mining equipment.
* Must be able to pass the health and safety requirement in order to enter
South African mines.
* Must possess a valid South African driver's license.
* Good communication and reporting skills.
Specific job requirements
* Good command of the English language, written and spoken.
* Computer literate.
* Knowledge of modern mining equipment, primarily hydraulic excavators.
* Knowledge of mining techniques and application of mining equipment.
* Technical and commercial after sales skills.
* Flexibility and willingness to travel in South Africa and outside the