Technical Services Manager Five star Game Lodge - Hazyview
Start Date: ASAP
Benefits / Perks:
- Medical Aid and Pension
- Meals provided
- Uniform provided
Five Star Safari Lodge, renowned globally for its diversity and formidable concentration of big game. Intimate and exclusive, offering rare solitude and the ultimate in safari luxury in one of Africa’s finest bushveld experiences.
Room to grow within the company.
What are the key responsibilities of the position?
- To manage the Environmental Plans of the property in the form of – Setting up the Environmental Systems, reducing the Carbon Footprint, and actioning the Environmental audit. Manage the waste removal from the property.
- To ensure the property complies with OHS legislation, revising the Emergency Procedures and the required staff training
- To assess the major company assets and plan for replacement of identified items over a 3 year period, GPS mapping of all service lines
- To oversee the IT function in terms of maintaining all equipment and hardware and managing the IT support company (currently Lanlink).
- To be responsible for the effective security of the property, by managing the Security company, the CCTV system and the Night Porters; by managing the relationship between the lodge and security, the SAPS and any other security related companies.
- Co-ordinate with contractors and lodge with regard to large projects
- Identify and assist with the setting up of SMME projects
- All projects related to the job profile
- Overseeing maintenance department – maintenance manager will report to this position.
Which qualifications will secure this position?
- A technical background
- Basic knowledge of IT systems and processes
- A Health, Safety and Environmental qualification
- A project management background
- Have a thorough technical knowledge and understanding of services, operations, vehicles and equipment
What skills / behaviours are required?
- Have a good business sense and ability
- Have the ability to be strategic
- Be an effective manager of people
- Be efficient and personally well organized
- Have strong time management self-discipline
- Be assertive
- A good communicator
- Have high energy levels
- Be flexible and responsive
- Be ecologically aware and concerned
Why should you apply for this position?
The private lodge serves as a home away from home for some of the world’s most prestigious guests. This serves as an opportunity not only to gain five star experience, but also to broaden your skills base by using the best products, whilst performing a range of treatments for the lodge’s local and international clientele.
Position Reports to: General Manager
Please ensure that you provide the following information with your application:
- Photograph – head & shoulders picture, in low resolution format for our database
- Start and end dates for all previous employment
- Written references that you have available
- Current contact telephone numbers and email addresses for all previous employers, for referencing purposes.
Due to high volumes of CV’s received, should you not hear from us within seven working days of sending your application, please consider your application for this particular position as unsuccessful. You are welcome to apply for any other positions that we may advertise in future. Please note that we are not able to accept applications if a valid work permit is not held