Telecom Technician EIT
Telecom Technician (EIT) DM 18
Type of Business:
Commerce and Technology
The responsibilities of the position include the following:
- Performs repair, maintenance, installation and testing works on telecom systems. This includes drawings of cables as per given plan, jointing, termination and testing of cables, fault localization and clearing of cable faults to restore telecom services through.
- Performs cabling, installation, maintenance and testing works on DEL, ADSL& MOSAIC (cable TV) service exchanges & customer end.
- Familiar with fiber optics splicing & testing will be an advantage.
- Ensures required records are accurately accomplished and submitted on time to the Telecom Team Leader.
- Participates in tool box meeting.
- Provides feedback to the Telecom Team Leader on status of work order.
- Performs other work as may be directed by the Telecom Team Leader or by other senior officers.
Risk, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment (HSE):
- Comply with the Quality Assurance and Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) and Risk Management Systems, including legal and statutory obligations.
- Participates in improvement and issue resolution process/initiatives of the client
- Identify and report problems in processes or systems.
- Main accountability is the timely (and in compliance with applicable standard) completion of assigned work orders.
- Ensuring compliance to HSE policies and procedures of the client and that of the Client when on site.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- At least four (4) years relevant working experience.
- Completion of Secondary education, followed by at least three (3) years apprenticeship training leading to a certificate/diploma related to the position
- Acceptable oral and written English.
- Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment and materials common to the trade.
- Reasonable knowledge of applicable codes standards and regulations.
- Skill in installation, repair and maintenance of telecoms systems and assignments common to the trade.