Theatre Manager - Durban
Overall Purpose of the Position:
Efficient supervision and direction of activities of the Theatre Complex, with the primary management function being, effective patient and doctor care.
Applicants need the following essential qualifications and experience:
• Current registration with the South African Nursing Council as a Registered Nurse is essential.
• Post basic theatre qualification is essential.
• Recent theatre management experience within a private hospital is essential.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
• Be on call and available to attend to hospital related emergencies at any time.
• Have sound financial knowledge and the ability to interpret financial data.
• A solid background in all areas of nursing management.
• Have a track record of strong management skills, at all levels of nursing leadership.
Key Performance Areas:
• Ensuring that nursing standards, quality assurance and risk management is maintained within the hospital.
• Planning, developing and managing an incident management system.
• Assign decision making, authority, tasks and responsibility to appropriate persons in order to maximise organisation and employee effectiveness.
• Demonstrate effective change leadership and conflict management in order to achieve organizational strategy and cost leadership.
• Build strategic inter-departmental relationships to help achieve business goals.
• Develop sound staff, patient and doctor relationships through successful stakeholder engagement.
• Instrumental in growing the revenue of the hospital
• Have an excellent knowledge in managing level of care in accordance with skills mix/acuities in response to a cost containment environment.
• Be cost effective and ensuring that quality care is rendered in all areas of nursing.