Works Chemist - Johannesburg
Type of Business:
R300k per annum (Slightly Negotiable)
Our client, an agricultural and Agri-processing business, is one of the largest producers of a range of refined carbohydrate products from sugarcane and maize and renewable energy. They are looking to employ a performance driven individual with a passion for Laboratory Processes to join their team.
Purpose of the position
The Works Chemist’s main function will be to Manage Human Resources of All Laboratory Based Personnel and Management of Laboratory Equipment and ensuring that All Laboratory Processes are Governed by Procedures and Work Instructions.
The eligible candidate must have the following:
• Grade 12 or Equivalent ( With Maths and Natural Science)
• A recognised Qualification in Chemist/ Food Technology ( Prefer Working towards a B-Tech or B.Sc. Degree)
• 5 Years Laboratory Experience, Two of which Being at Supervisory Level
• Instrument Knowledge (HPLC, TOC, NIR, FTIR, VISCOCITY BRABENDER)
• Food and Beverage Experience is a Prerequisite
• Knowledge of GLP’s and Development of SOP’s
• Communication and Written Skills
• Interpersonal and Conflict Management Skills
• Knowledge of ISO Standards (9001, 14000 and OHSAS 18001)
The main duties of this position will be:
• Coordination and Control of Laboratory Activities, Daily.
• Monitoring of Plant Efficiency
• Maintenance of Instruments/Laboratory Equipment
• Ensure adherence of Good Manufacturing Practices
• Continuous Quality Improvement
• Liaising with internal and external customers
• Effective Supervision of the chemistry labs.
• Be able to manage, mentor and coach Others