Academic Manager - Cape Town
3 days ago
Academic Manager (JB1228)
Century City, Cape Town
The Academic Manager (AM) is responsible for the academic operations portfolio of organisation. Through the leadership and management of the academic team, the Academic manager is accountable for programme management, assessment management, the management of quality assurance and policy implementation through efficient and effective processes that assure academic integrity, security and compliance. The AM is required to ensure the brand is compliant with accreditation criteria while providing the highest standards of institutional operational efficiencies in the best interests of our distance students’ learning experience and success.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
• Liaise with Head Office and maintain academic and institutional compliance as prescribed in national legislation.
• Ensure that all the necessary systems, policies and procedures are in place and maintained to ensure that learning programs are conceptualised, developed and introduced.
• Oversee and facilitate all prescribed committee meetings as reflected in the Quality Assurance Manual.
• Register and comply with the relevant regulatory body instructions insofar as legislative requirements are concerned.
• Maintain all the academic processes, procedures and systems specified to ensure legislative accreditation is maintained.
• Develop external relationships with industry stakeholders to promote programs.
• Manage product development and oversee departmental budgets.
• Manage and oversee the activities of the different Faculties.
• Manage examiner, moderator and marker database to ensure academic integrity and excellence.
• Manage all assessment processes and facilities.
• Assist the General Manager to ensure the financial viability of the College.
• Oversee and ensure successful examinations and assessments in the various programs offered by the applicable brand.
• Facilitate staff development and training.
• Provide academic leadership.
• Promote and facilitate research and development.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
• Implement academic strategy, policy and structure
• Evaluate, upgrade and develop programmes
• Quality assurance
• Manage student success
• Management of Academic Staff
• General Administration and Academic Management
REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
• A postgraduate degree is required.
• 7-10 years experience in higher education is required in an academic operations management role.
• Proven track record in academic leadership
• Knowledge of the regulatory environment required.
• Advantageous: Familiar with formal assessment & moderation practices, design & development, & programme structuring
• Excellent computer literacy is essential especially in MS Outlook, MS Word and MS Excel.
COMPETENCIES OF THE JOB:
• Planning and organizing competencies
• Excellent Interpersonal and Managerial Skills
• Good team player
• Good attention to detail.
• Good communication skills especially verbal and written English.
• Able to work independently
• Ability to function in a highly pressurized environment
• Managing conflict.
• Leadership skills.