Account Manager - Durban
A BSc Degree or equivalent in Chemistry / Biochemistry or Chemical Engineering and a Post Graduate Business Qualification will be advantageous (e.g. MDP).
• A minimum of 5 years technical sales experience in the General Water Treatment Industry with additional experience in managing Export Accounts is a pre-requisite for this position.
• This experience should equip the incumbent to aggressively sell programs based on value and prevent attrition of existing business through technical skills and interpersonal skills.
• Chemical manufacturing industry related water treatment experience is also desired for this position.
• Should have excellent technical expertise.
• Prioritising sales and the focus are therefore on going out and obtaining new business and growing sales.
• The right candidate should be able to show how sales targets have been exceeded in a chemical environment.
• We are looking for a proven sales record.
• The main function is to execute business and sales strategies through managing, leading and directing the account/area’s team in the implementation of key initiatives that support the on-going sustainability and profitability of the division.
Applicants must have done the following to be considered:
• Technical knowledge of industry related chemistries, technologies and how they impact on customers processes
• Process chemistry selling experience will be a distinct advantage
• Continuity of chemical supply, inclusive of deliveries and housekeeping
• Have conducted site meetings/discussions with all levels of customers on site
• Strict adherence/compliance with customer standards/required results, chemical and plant related
• Budget and general administration
• Written service reports and discussed them in-depth with the customer
• Have done internal service inspections of related equipment at customer’ site
• Have been exposed to the interpretation of water chemistry related to chemical application
• Have a proven track record in chemical application to cooling water systems, liquid solid separation, boiler water systems and other chemical application as required.