ACCOUNTANT / ARTICLES (EE) Midrand - Midrand
Experience and Qualifications:
• Completed Accounting/Financial degree
• SAICA/SAIPA articles at an established accounting firm will be preferred
• At least 1 years post articles experience in a financial role, or a minimum of 4 yrs.' experience in senior bookkeeper / accountant role
• Advanced Excel skills
• Experience in a NPC and ERP system experience would be an added advantage.
• Code B drivers’ licence.
Duties will include:
1. Responsible for cashbook capturing and reconciliation for various bank accounts daily, weekly and as required.
2. Do credit card processing and reconciliation monthly.
3. Do investment journals monthly
4. Responsible for discretionary grant bookkeeping including cashbook and invoicing and annual financial submission to the SETA.
5. Prepare and upload weekly EFT payments and monthly payroll on the bank.
6. Responsible for entire payroll function.
7. Responsible for petty cash processing and reconciliations monthly.
8. Responsible for Cashbook capturing and reconciliation, expense schedule, investment journals, raise invoices, send out statements and process supplier invoices monthly.
9. Prepare payment voucher, raise invoices, financial reports, membership database and membership certificates on request.
10. Annually prepare audit journals, archiving of documents and balance to AFS accounting records annually.
11. Reconcile annual invoices to membership database and balance AFS to accounting records annually for 3 employers' organisations.
12. Responsible for entity awards annually.
13. Responsible for monthly VAT201 upload.
Debtors and creditors
1. Responsible to raise consulting and training invoices
2. Capture creditor invoices.
3. Responsible for creditors' reconciliations monthly.
4. Prepare creditor payments and upload to the bank weekly.
5. Prepare supplier reconciliations monthly.
1. Responsible for archiving of company records with Document Warehouse annually.
2. Responsible to prepare files for the financial year annually.
3. Responsible for CIPC CoR39 (Director changes)
4. Responsible for quarterly minutes and agenda for the Board and Finance Committee.
1. Bank liaison as required.
2. Arrange forex for overseas trips.
3. Responsible for fixed asset register maintenance continuously.
4. Update the insurance policy as required and in line with fixed asset register.
5. Oversee and prepare for the annual audit time table and management
6. Responsible to monitor budget against actuals monthly.
7. Responsible for budget preparation for Board submission annually.
8. Responsible for daily cash flow forecast and management.
9. Compile and deliver consolidated management accounts with commentary monthly.
10. Responsible for annual cost to company budget calculations.
11. Responsible for annual employer’s association submissions to the Department of Labour.
12. Ensure that the insurance policy is renewed annually and updated as required.
13. Responsible for investment statements and liaison as required.
14. Submission of discretionary grant annual financials to the SETA.
15. Monthly management accounts for 4 chambers Regional Executive Committee (REC) meetings with commentary, one week before REC meetings.
16. Liaising with investment brokers on investments.
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Only South African citizens will be considered
Please be advised that all appointments are made in line with our Employment Equity Strategy.