ACCOUNTANT (EE) - Midrand - Midrand
Experience and Qualifications:
• Completed Accounting/Financial degree
• SAICA/SAIPA articles at an established accounting firm will be highly advantageous
• At least 2 years’ post articles experience in a financial role or minimum of 5 years' experience in senior Bookkeeper / accountant role
• Legal company secretarial experience highly advantageous
• Advanced Excel skills
Duties will include:
• Responsible for cashbook capturing and reconciliation for multiple bank accounts daily.
• Do credit card and fleet card processing and reconciliation monthly.
• Responsible for audit journal annually.
• Perform balance sheet reconciliation monthly.
• Do investment journals monthly.
• Responsible for bookkeeping including cashbook and invoicing.
• Prepare month end journals.
• Responsible for weekly EFT payments and release thereof.
Creditors and debtors:
• Manage, oversee and control the creditors and debtors’ function.
• Responsible for creditors payment release monthly.
• Responsible for the monthly payroll run, including upload to the bank and bank release
• Distribution of payslips to staff members.
• Online and fund administrator submissions of the pension fund monthly.
• Responsible for monthly submissions to administrators of the medical aid
• Responsible for annual increase letters to staff members.
• Responsible for annual IRP5 certificates, employment equity and workman’s compensation submission.
• Responsible for company income tax return annually.
• EMP201 submissions and payment release.
• EMP501 bi-annual and annual submissions.
• Responsible for SARS queries, liaison and tax clearance certificate as required.
• Monthly VAT201 calculation and payment release.
• Various bank credit, fleet card applications and bank liaison as required.
• Oversee and prepare the annual audit and assist auditors where necessary.
• Responsible to monitor budget against actuals monthly.
• Responsible for budget preparation for board submission annually.
• Responsible for daily cashflow management.
• Compile and deliver consolidated management accounts with commentary monthly.
• Responsible for annual cost to company budget calculations.
• Responsible for annual employer’s association submissions to the department of labour.
• Ensure that insurance policy is renewed annually and update the policy as required.
• Responsible for investment statements and liaison as required.
• Analysis of financial statements and recommendations based on analysis with regards to liquidity rations, activity ratios, leverage ratios etc. as required.
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Only South African citizens will be considered
Please be advised that all appointments are made in line with our Employment Equity Strategy.