Accountant - Johannesburg
10 days ago
20-01-2022 3:08:32 PM
Accountant position available with a leading South African retail apparel brand in Houghton, Johannesburg. The Accountant will be required to complete the full bookkeeping function from source documentation to trial balance and record the day-to-day financial transactions of the business. These include purchases, sales, receipts and payments. Responsibilities for ensuring all transactions are recorded in the correct ledger and computing, classifying and recording numerical data to keep financial records.
The Accountant will also be responsible for Pay Roll for Head Office staff and staff in all the stores country wide.
- Diploma/Certificate in Bookkeeping / Accounting
- Under graduate degree in Bookkeeping / Financial Accounting would be an added advantage
Experience and skills required:
- At least 4 years’ working experience within a bookkeeping / accounting environment
- Experience in Pay Roll in a Retail environment a must!
- Accounting system knowledge (Pastel Pay Roll and Partner)
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and proven track record in use thereof
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Time management skills
- Ability to plan and organise
Competencies we are looking for in a candidate:
- Attention to detail
- Able to handle large volumes of data
Salary negotiable depending on experience
To apply for the Accountant position, Joburg, Retail Apparel Brand - please mail CV and recent photo.