Accountant - Bellville
more than 14 days ago
Our client a leading property management company seeks to appoint an Accountant on a temporary basis for the month of August. The successful incumbent must be available to commence the assignment with immediate effect. A relevant tertiary qualifications coupled with 2 years experience in a similar role will be advantageous.
• Relevant accounting qualifications.
• Minimum of 2 years in an Accounting role
• Previous experience in the property industry would be advantageous
• Detailed knowledge of GAAP & IFRS, Tax, Legal Aspects and Capital Expenditure required.
• Advanced Excel skills required
• Previous experience on SAP and MDA will be advantageous.
• Advanced Financial Calculations and reporting knowledge required.
• Methodical and accurate
• Good problem solving skills
• Customer and quality focused
• Team player and ability to function independently
• Sound financial and business acumen
• Ability to deal with stress and deadline driven environments
• Provide financial and business reports to management that complies to statutory requirements.
• Provide ad hoc reports as requested.
• Handle of queries relating to the financial reporting.
• Preparation of audit packs.
• Handle queries on audit reports.
• Maintain GL account.
• Monthly reconciliation of all Balance Sheet items.
• Maintain inter-company loan account.
• Maintain CAPEX register.
• Follow-up of long outstanding items.
• Reporting on Balance Sheet
• Verify expenses against budget.
• Ensure use of correct accounts (Expenditure vs Capital)
• Investigate problem areas in Actuals.
• Budget management.
• Compilation in conjunction with business, of annual budgets and report on deviations.
• Amend monthly projections and handle any budget related queries.
• Manage management fees and salary recoveries.
• Invoicing for management fees.
• Bank reconciliations and unreconciled items on weekly and monthly cashflow recons.
• Capturing of take-on balances on TB.
• In the event of hand-overs, co-ordinate financial process.
• Attend monthly client meetings and task list as requested and give relevant feedback to management.
• Complete VAT requirements.