Actuarial Expert/Specialist - Cape Town
more than 14 days ago
16-09-2021 9:43:15 AM
• Liaise with clients and therefore converts complex concepts into client/user-friendly format/terminology.
• Have specialist knowledge on a particular area of actuarial expertise such as product set including financial soundness/pricing, product development, continuous product monitoring and management resulting in making changes.
• Reviews/performs technical analyses, draws conclusions from the analyses and makes recommendations.
• Provides actuarial input to special project teams, ad-hoc investigations or external clients.
• Will have a subordinate, dependent on the managerial skills development of the incumbent.
• Often operates and liaises across business units.
• Gains and applies actuarial expertise on pricing.
• Has a good grasp of data requirements and data integrity requirements.
• Customises solutions to client requirements and overseeing system implementation of products.
• Assisting CRM team on product related client queries and tenders, including platform tenders and quotes.
Qualification, Skills and Experience:
• A qualified/nearly qualified Actuary with minimum 6 years technical experience
• Strong technical skills and attention to detail
• Knowledge of the Prudential Standards of South Africa
• Knowledge of the groups’ products and systems will be beneficial
• Experience working across teams l22.7o