Actuarial Manager - Sandton
10 days ago
To manage the pricing and product development to ensure the financial stability of the Company. The Pricing Analyst will analyse data for pricing, product development and product enhancement.
• BSc/BCom (Mathematics/Mathematical Statistics/Actuarial Science).
• Progress with actuarial exams would be beneficial. Completed Foundation and Intermediate Technical subjects.
• Experience in managing actuarial teams.
• A minimum of 1 year in a management role.
• Pricing or product development in long-term insurance
• Experience investigations
• Building and maintaining pricing models
• MSOffice (advanced Excel knowledge), VBA and SQL
• IFRS17 knowledge/experience is advantageous
• Managing the Pricing and Product Development team
• Managing the Reporting and Data analytics team
• Developing and maintaining pricing models
• Developing, maintaining and enhancement of risk products and policy terms
• Developing pricing bases for all risk products
• Support Sales in implementing renewals
• Reviewing rates on existing business
• Monitoring of claims ratios and profitability of the company’s schemes
• Performing the various experience investigations to inform the pricing and embedded value bases (incl. expense and mortality investigations and Analysis of Surplus)
• Maintaining the profitability of the standard products
• Support the Senior Actuarial Manager in preparing Board Reports
• Ad-hoc projects including internal and external audits
• Provide technical oversight and support, for risk products to Sales, Finance and other service areas msaf13.1s