Actuarial Manager - Cape Town
more than 14 days ago
Lead a team of professionals responsible for valuation, reporting and the extraction of business insights to inform management decision making. Requires sound technical knowledge and a large element of management and coaching. Participate in various projects, including IFRS 17 implementation and SAT product launches.
• Financial & Risk Reporting: Effectively manage the team to ensure that valuation, capital and other risk reporting are produced with appropriate supporting analysis and commentary.
• IFRS 17 implementation: Manage the segment’s involvement in the IFRS 17 project and the transition of reporting into BAU.
• Business Partnering: Extract insights for business consideration and collaborate effectively with both business and specialized areas across all levels.
• Support product development and product reviews.
• Business Planning / Forecasting: Produce information for forecasting and ongoing monitoring of the financial impacts of the business strategy.
• Reporting Capability: Ensure processes and models are efficient, robust and fit for purpose. Drive synergies and standardization and ensure the control environment is adequate and effective.
• Projects: Support the delivery of relevant projects objectives as and when these arise.
• Qualified Actuary, extensive actuarial experience
• Management track record is essential
• Financial reporting and/or valuation experience
• Prophet experience l12.6o