AGRI Services Manager
more than 14 days ago
23-03-2022 10:26:46 AM
Field Ops Supervisor (Farm Supervisor) - SUDAN
• Our Client requires the expertise of a Field Supervisor to Maintain crop production and ensure all operations done according to standard and best practices, to maintaining optimal growing conditions starting from land development operation, planting, field management and cultivation up to harvesting operation.
Management of 7500ha crops: Sorghum, Cotton etc.
• Oversee all the farming activities, Operations, Directing and overseeing land development and planting activities
• Planting with practical agronomic insight
• Fertilisers and pesticide control, crop nutrients, protection, field control and storage
• Monitoring and controlling irrigation activities
• Inspection programs, collecting samples and recognising pest and plant diseases.
• Prevent, control and eliminate pests to optimise production
• Conduct survey programs and develop best crop development practises.
• Supervise and guide all operations managers on proper maintenance and repair of Field Fleet.
• Create cohesive and supportive working environment with the aim to increase retention.
• Assign clear roles and responsibilities to department team members also identify training needs for team members to ensure adequate knowledge
• Manage the equipment utilization and coordinate with fleet management to insure equipment availability and proper maintenance
• Ensure safe and effective work environment
• Provide daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually performance reports
• Control costs of production in line with budget expectation and prepare budgets.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• BSc degree in Agriculture, MSc preferred
• Broad knowledge of Sorghum, Cotton, Grasses or similar farming; planting and field management
• Minimum 5 years working experience •
• Strong Relationship building, collaboration, communications and interpersonal skills
• Leadership with excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Management, organization and planning skills
• Ability to track and manage multiple operations and priorities
• Reporting skills