Area Sales Manager Medical Devices - Johannesburg
more than 14 days ago
Area Sales Manager - Medical | Johannesburg Gauteng
Salary: R50-58K Per Month
Purpose of Position:
Complement Recruitment are recruiting for an Area Sales Manager from the Medical Devices sector. This is a permanent position based in Johannesburg, Gauteng. The purpose is to effectively manage a sales team to sell specialized medical devices to new and existing business accounts. Build and maintain strong working relationships with KOL’s and hospital personnel in order to maximize sales growth. To ensure that the business is optimally positioned as a key preferred supplier within the medical devices space, and be able to work in challenging and competitive environments.
• Minimum of 3 years in the Medical Device industry, in a commercial sales role - Proven Track record of Performance.
• Matric, Diploma in Sales, Marketing, Business Management or related
• Excellent product knowledge, with a strong awareness of the competitor landscape and activity.
• Solution oriented with a proven ability to implement initiatives effectively.
• Strong attention to detail, with analytical insight
• Proven track record of performance and of having effectively managed high performing teams
• Ability to work under pressure, and to tight deadlines
• Extraordinary ability to build effective relationships in a short space of time.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills, with a proven ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization.
• Excellent team player, with the ability to see the bigger picture
• MS Office, with Excel at an advanced level
• Possess locally required certificates for sales position in healthcare business
• Possess, at all times, a valid driver’s license, and own transport
• Lift and carry a moderate amount of materials and supplies and where required complete gowning procedures in hospital
• Must be fully Covid-19 vaccinated (due to the nature of the industry) or show proof of 1st vaccination
Key responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
• Achievement of Sales vs Budget: Ensure sales budgets are achieved, with strong implementation of the business strategy, to ensure increased market share and a strong presence in industry.
• CRM: Ensure effective Customer Relationship Management
• People Management: Effective recruitment, mentorship and development of team, to ensure maximum effectiveness.
• Coaching of Team: Effective and ongoing coaching of team, with very clear outcomes and objectives identified and monitored, by means of regular 1-1’s, clear 90-day action plans and the like.
• Information Management and Analysis: Leverage management tools to analyze data on a variety of critical business drivers ranging from coverage and frequency, to time allocation and productivity, with effective territory management as a key outcome.
• Reporting: Present sales, revenue, weekly planners, Performance Improvement Plans, expense reports and realistic forecasts
• Compliance: Ensure that all compliance elements are effectively implemented and adhered to.
• Travel: The role will require local and occasionally International travel
Key Relationships / Interfaces
• Existing and potential customers (cardiologists, surgeons, radiologists, critical care personnel, anesthesiologists, nephrologists, purchasing agents and other appropriate decision makers/opinion leaders on different levels).
• Sales and marketing organization
• EMEA HQ Support functions
Behaviours / Values
• Approachable and enthusiastic. Flexible and adaptable.
• Able to work on own initiative and as a team player.
• Good organizational skills with cultural awareness and sensitivity
• Good judgment and problem solving ability & is capable of understanding the impact of decision making on both the business unit and their customers.
• Note: As with all positions, due to the dynamic nature of the business, key responsibilities will evolve and change over time