Assistant Accountant - Roodepoort
Maintain the integrity of Financial transactions to achieve Operational objections.
Ensuring the Accuracy of Financial and Cost accounting:
- Assist the Financial accountant with processing of monthly journals (Bank charges, interest and salaries journals, adjusting entries for operating expenditures, prepayments, deposits and accruals.
- Reallocation of all expenses (Company cell phones, travel and other operating expenses) to various General Ledger accounts according to information provided to align with the budget.
- Processing employee expense claims to various profit/cost centres and verifying the compliance with guidelines and within HR policies.
- Report to the Financial accountant on any abnormalities pertaining to GL account balances.
- Assist with month-end and year end closings, completeness of the monthly trial balance for financial reporting
- Clearing of queries and prepare the accounts analysis as requested.
- Assist with the preparation and submission of documents and reports required to complete the audit process.
Monitoring of the Clearing Accounts On A Monthly Basis:
- Posting of all costs relating to various suppliers and customer refunds as paid manually through the bank to various Ledger accounts monthly
- Posting of all manually paid expenses claims to relevant ledger accounts with correct cost centres.
- Maintain constant communication with Accounts payables to ensure that all documents required for payments and month end accruals are submitted and issues reported to the financial accountant.
Ad hoc Finance responsibilities:
- Maintain constant relationship with the Accounts payable manager and provide assistance and support on accruals and other supplier’s payment related queries.
- Maintain constant relationship with the National Fixed asset manager on matters relating to assets and provide assistance when required.
- Maintain constant relationship with the National Debtors manager in relation to customer refunds and debtors clearing account queries.
- Provide assistance on stock recons and following up on queries relating to stock when required.
SAP System and Stakeholder relationship:
- Maintain constant relationship with the cost centres owners by ensuring that all outstanding queries are resolved such that all information is correctly posted on SAP to allow complete processing of costs.
- Reporting on problems encountered on SAP to the Financial accountant and the information system (CIT) department so as to improve system efficiency.
- Bcom Accounting
- 1 / 2 years prior work experience in finance position.
- General Ledger Reconciliation experience.
- Knowledge of laws and principles regarding accounting, finance procedures and taxation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and at least Excel at Intermediate level.
- Knowledge of SAP ERP system MS Word (Intermediate).
Overtime required from time to time.