Assistant Director Management Accounting - Pretoria
more than 14 days ago
07-07-2022 7:23:47 PM
PURPOSE OF THE POST
To coordinate, review and implement the management accounting systems and procedures.
Key Performance Areas:
Planning-coordinate, review, analyse and quality assure the financial supporting information for planning purposes.
• Coordinate and review the necessary financial supporting documents required for the strategic and annual performance planning process.
• Analyse and quality assures the relevant financial information required in the evaluation and development of business and project plans.
• Check and verify the supporting information for various financial planning processes.
Budgeting-coordinate, review, analyse and quality assure the budget preparation process.
• Assist in coordinating the preparation and consultation for the MTEF budget process.
• Analyse, interpret and implement the treasury guidelines for the estimates of national expenditure (ENE).
• Develop templates for the collection of budget information from line functionaries.
• Analyse and interpret the requirements for the monthly cash flow and adjusted cash flow as prescribed by Treasury and recommend corrective action where required.
• Assess where shifting of funds/ virements is required and possible by reviewing expenditure against budget and make recommendations.
• Provide information for the preparation of the annual financial statements.
• Monitor that all shifts /virements are included in the adjusted budget and used as per approval.
Reporting-coordinate, review, analyse and quality assure the management accounting reporting processes.
• Evaluate information on monthly reports produced (variance between actual versus budgeted expenditure) and recommend appropriate actions where necessary.
• Monitor that all shifts /virements are included in the In Year Monitoring Report.
• Provide advice and guidance to role players on the use of forecasting methods and tools.
• Compile information for the interim and annual performance reports.
Provide assistance to departmental components in budget and expenditure monitoring.
• Spending trends assessed and recommendations drafted.
• Knowledge and understanding of Budget process.
• Knowledge and understanding of the PFMA.
• Knowledge and understanding of Treasury Regulations.
• Knowledge and understanding of financial standards (accounting standards).
• Knowledge and understating of Public Service Regulation.
• Management accounting and Financial Management skill.
• Customer orientation and service.
• Problem solving skills.
• Communication (writing, presentation & verbal)
• Computer literacy.
• Research and analytical skills.
• Stakeholder management.
• Stakeholders’ liaison
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to work independently
• Team player
• Be innovative and creative
Qualifications and Experience:
• A Financial Management or Commerce qualification at NQF 7.
• At least 3-year relevant supervisory experience in accounting.