Automation Software Tester - Pretoria
• Designing and writing test automation scripts using Selenium
• Create SQL queries against a relational database when necessary to verify business scenarios have been met.
• reviewing system documentation, identifying test objectives, developing/updating test scenarios, and executing functional and regression test scenarios for a web-based application.
• Maintain documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software.
• Analyze test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action.
• Consult with developers in resolution of problems
• Test system modifications to prepare for implementation.
• Execute testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability.
• Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers.
• Identify, analyze, and document problems with program function, output, online screen, or content.
• Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes.
• Execute test schedules in accordance with project scope or delivery dates.
• Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
• Assist in revision of software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, or completeness, or to mitigate risks.
• Utilisation – accurate and timeous recording and tracking of activities on allocated system
• Escalate identified limitations to manager
• Escalate unresolved queries to next level
• Prioritising of outstanding queries
• Identify possible solutions
• Minimum qualification-Matric
• ISTQB Foundation level certified
• Understanding of Agile scrum
• Minimum of 3 years industry and job related experience in Manual and Automation testing
• Experience testing websites, APIs, systems, or application
• C#, Java and Selenium idea
• Life Insurance background will be advantageous