BBBEE and Transformation Manager - Kempton Park
more than 14 days ago
BBBEE & Transformation Manager
Area: Kempton Park
Package: Basic salary R63000 P/M Plus Medical Aid, Provident Fund, 13th Cheque, Performance Bonus, Share Scheme
Purpose of the position: Responsible for strategy development and execution of all BBBEE transformation interventions across the organizations; ensuring that the company and all affiliates complies with legislative requirements and aligns to the business strategy; supporting development and implementation of the EE plan. Actively participate in the design, delivery and implementation of BEE policies, procedures and initiatives in line with legislative and compliance requirements, as well as, strategic business and HR objectives
To assist in drafting and implementing of tactical plans of the Group. To have the positions of the Group taken into account by the national governmental organizations. To create analyses and interpretations in the Region and to place them at the disposal of the Group. To prepare internal stakeholders in advance by alerting of trends and regulatory risks/ opportunities. To assure deployment of regulatory changes by communicating impact analysis and confirming appropriate response from key stakeholders.
• Participate actively, in collaboration with the Commercial Director, CAO & MD in the design and delivery of the BBBEE strategy that outlines key objectives, initiatives, timeframes and related costs for Steerco approval.
• Guide and assist the Group in crafting appropriate strategies and action plans to achieve the target level.
• Participate actively, in collaboration with management in developing a BBBEE plan for implementation
• Champion and act as the change agent on the implementation and roll-out of the BBBEE and transformation plan
• Identify, establish, and maintain effective working relationships with the relevant stakeholders across the organisations who have a material impact on the outcomes of BBBEE in the company
• Manage and coordinate the BBBEE process in an efficient manner and guide the BBBEE stakeholders for the target levels to be achieved at operational level
• Guide all BBBEE stakeholders on the relevant codes of good practice
• Compile monthly reports for submission to assist in assessing the BBBEE status
• Implement and maintain processes and policies to ensure compliance and improvement of scores
• Compile the relevant assessment tool and train users on this tool
• Monitor monthly progress with regards to each operation BBBEE status via the BBBEE tool and submit progress reports
• Identify and escalate concerns for intervention
• Conduct mini-audits across companies, at least one in addition to the actual annual verification
• Change Management/ Transformation
• Assist in implementing the plan in a smooth and efficient manner as well as providing continuous feedback to all stakeholders
• Apply a structured change management approach and methodology for specific projects and initiatives
• Collaborate in developing a change management strategy based on a situational awareness of the details of the change and the groups being impacted by the change
• Identify potential people-side risks and anticipated points of resistance, and develop specific plans to mitigate or address the concerns
• Identify resistance and performance gaps, and work to develop and implement corrective actions
• Create and enable reinforcement mechanisms and celebrations of success
• Compliance and Reporting
• Educating and informing of developments on the BBBEE Codes and other sector-specific issues
• Manage the annual BBBEE verifications by the appointed verification agency
• Monitoring and reporting on BBBEE and transformation status
• Compiling the BBBEE scorecard scenarios required for annual planning and guidance
• Design and setting up relevant employee committees such as Employment Equity, Skills Development, Transformation and Diversity committees
• Assist and ensure a fair and objective nomination process for electing members to the various committees
• Coordinate monthly meetings of the BBBEE committee including the preparation and presentation of monthly reports on BBBEE programs to be reviewed in said meetings, as well as drafting and publication of minutes
• Conduct information sessions with BBBEE Committee to highlight major changes, concerns, strategies, action plans
• Coordinate and schedule committee annual meeting calendar
• Monitoring and Evaluation
• Conduct internal reporting including the monthly BBBEE scorecards for submission to the Executive Directors
• Review and analyse the monthly BBBEE data reports and make recommendations on corrective action
• Keep track of changes and developments in BBBEE legislation and regulations
• Learning & Development
• Assist group with WSP and ATRs for the different entities with costing reports
• Develop and manage strategies for Learnerships/ Internships/Graduate Program
• Develop individual development plans for employees in line with future manpower requirements and individual developmental needs.
• Norms And Regulations
• To take part in the development of the regulations or professional organization (s) within the framework of the national or regional organizations
• To report regularly to Functional manager on the subjects and activities for which he (she) has the responsibility
• To be the expert on the regulations concerning the technical and competitive subjects of which he(she) has the responsibility
• To ensure the representation of the Group toward the official normative organizations, to respect the external constituents as well as to defend positions relayed from the internal auditors.
• To answer questions regarding N&R coming from the local team and to contribute as an expert to the compliance of the regulation
• To take note of the new normative and regulatory texts and their modifications and to create internal communications.
• To assist in the development of Tactical Plans on pertinent subjects for the region.
• Analyse the impact of regulatory changes on the business with affected stakeholders.
• Communicate systematically with product developers and other key stakeholders regarding regulations: analyses, trends, changes.
Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum school level or equivalent experience:
• Matric/ Grade 12
• Relevant tertiary qualification coupled with other BEE/HR/LEGAL related courses
• Experience in managing BBBEE and Transformation within a medium sized company
• 5-10 years’ experience within a similar role where BEE was the core function