Behavioral Detection Officer - Midrand
6 000-9 000
more than 14 days ago
29-06-2022 2:17:12 PM
Behavioral Detection Officer (JB1804)
R6 000.00 R 9 000.00 plus overtime
Benefits: Medical aid, Provident Fund, Group Life Cover
Please note - this position requires you to work shifts
provide a 24/7 camera- and alarm surveillance on sites, tracking, mobile tracking, call centre, incident management and operational support for critical services that support the operations of the company and its clients; and to ensure that all matters are addressed in a prompt, efficient, and professional manner
• Matric / Grade 12 or equivalent (NQF level 4).
• PSIRA Registered (Minimum Grade C).
• Computer literate.
• Technical background of cameras, two-way radios and alarm systems will be highly beneficial.
• Advanced Surveillance Body Language will be highly beneficial.
• IT experience / qualifications will be highly beneficial
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Record all incidents in the Occurrence Book (OB) with full details as prescribed in the Standard Operating Procedure.
• Do a proper hand over at the end of each shift in the Occurrence Book (OB) as per the Standard Operating Procedure.
• Ensure that weekly reports are completed and submitted to the relevant personnel in time.
• Ensure that monthly reports are completed and submitted to the relevant personnel in time. Ensure that the following information is included:
• Sites that were not secured.
• Alarms and cameras activated.
• False alarms.
• True / positive alarms and outcome thereof.
• Telephonic and email reported incidents.
• Inform the relevant parties of any discrepancies (this includes CCTV irregularities); follow up actions taken and the progress thereof.
Monitoring and Response:
• Ensure that the SMS is sent to CCTV systems daily.
• All monitoring and tracking of alarms and cameras should be done according to the Standard Operating Procedure at all times.
• Ensure effective monitoring of the client perimeters during dispatching of precious metals.
• Communicate with operational personnel to ensure that they comply with procedure.
• Monitor movement on CCTV cameras for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, this includes personnel and vehicle searchers movement.
• Monitor sites and ensure that operational personnel are notified if a site is not secured / locked.
• Evaluate movement on camera and activate response team if suspicious activity is detected.
• Ensure that the relevant and closest response team is dispatched to all alarm systems reported to the control room in a quick and efficient manner.
• Identify priority issues and escalate them to management.
• Monitor, manage, and control the operational systems.
• Inform management, clients and operational task teams about emergency, arrange for backup with local authorities if needed, and keep them updated with the progress.
• Liaise with clients, management, and colleagues to ensure smooth running of all operations.
• Receive incidents from clients and inform the Task Teams to respond to the scene.
• Ensure the quick response to the action of waybills.