Bookkeeper - Sandton
13 days ago
Bookkeeper – Sandton
Location: Linbro Business Park
Department: Finance Department – Head Office
Job Title: Bookkeeper
A position has arisen for a Bookkeeper to join our successful finance team and company with well-established routines and processes. The position would suite a detail oriented and conservative individual with a preference for high quality and technical work, excellent communication skills who is strict about punctuality and correctness.
Reports To: Financial Director
Key areas of responsibility: Debtors:
• Daily and accurate processing of deposits.
• Following up outstanding deposits with Head Office and Branch staff.
• Ensure that all deposits are processed, and transactions not processed are followed up timeously with the Bank.
• Completion of forms for foreign deposits.
• Obtaining credit check reports on current or potential customers.
• Opening new accounts or updating credit limits once approved by Manager.
• Effectively managing credit limits for appropriateness and proactive action for possible doubtful debtors.
• Managing outstanding balances with the intention of getting these paid as soon as possible.
• Account reconciliations and resolving queries on accounts with customers and Branches.
• Building a working relationship with Branch Managers, Directors, and customers in order that accounts are always up to date.
• Dealing with debt collectors and attorneys where accounts are outstanding.
• Provide effective reports timeously re status of account balances.
• Timeous payment of Accounts to achieve maximum discounts.
• Reconciling Creditor Statements and querying/clearing reconciling items.
• Correct and accurate processing of invoices into Branches, Accounts and in the correct Accounting Periods.
• Filing of invoices and statements.
• Review recons and payments to suppliers and follow up and resolving queries with Branch Staff and Suppliers.
• Review processing of invoices and recons before validating payment to Suppliers.
• Manage Petty Cash at Head Office.
• Obtain petty cash slips and supporting documents from Head Office and Branch staff to prepare entries and processing into the ledger.
• Doing the Bank reconciliation daily.
• Timeously Preparing and reconciling the VAT for submission at month end.
• Checking GL account allocations monthly.
• Assisting with the audit pack completion at year end.