Business Development Consultant (Transport/Logistics)- Pretoria - Pretoria
25K - 35K
more than 14 days ago
We are urgently seeking a Business Development Consultant for our client in the fleet/transport/logistics driver safety business in Gauteng (Irene).
This is a permanent position
The Consultant advises potential clients on road, fleet & driver potential risks. The incumbent plays a role in identifying and assessing threats, proposes Solutions to avoid, reduce or transfer risks and to support the purpose and, if implemented & used correctly, improves safeguarding of our customers fleet & drivers – assets and resources.
Duties & Responsibilities
Develop and demonstrate technical selling skills and product knowledge in all products and services.
• Create and conduct effective proposal presentations that identify prospects business problems, the effects of the problems, and the solutions to their problems.
• Ensure complete understanding of pricing and proposal models.
• Manage, according to company service standard, the assigned Clients, post sales, to track, analyse, report on, and optimize client potential.
• When necessary, provide system training to clients on the application and implementation of products and services sold.
• Develop annual business plan in conjunction with Management, which details activities to follow during the fiscal year, which will focus on meeting or exceeding sales quota.
• Maintain contact with all clients in the market area to ensure high levels of Client Satisfaction.
• Demonstrate the ability to carry on a business conversation with business owners and decision makers.
• Maximize all opportunities in the process of closing a sale resulting in the taking of market share.
• Sell consultatively and make recommendations to prospects and clients of the various solutions the company offers.
• Develop a database of qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, face to face cold calling on business owners, direct mail, email, and networking.
• Assist in the implementation of company marketing plans as needed.
• Be responsible for sourcing and developing client relationships and referrals.
• Be responsible for identifying and building effective Centres of Influence Network with other professionals to maximize revenue.
• Demonstrate the ability to gather, submit detailed business information for proposal, pricing, and presentation of solutions to identified prospects' business problems.
• Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within their assigned territory, including the use of Microsoft Outlook to maintain accurate records to maximize territory potential.
• Submit a weekly report of all activities.
• Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensure that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
• Participate and contribute to the development of educational programs offered to clients, prospects, and company employees.
• Keep personal risk assessment/management knowledge and skills current, continuously refresh existing knowledge and learn new skills.
• Prepare action plans and schedules to identify specific targets and to project the number of contacts to be made.
• Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity.
• Identify sales prospects and contact these and other accounts as assigned.
• Prepare presentations, proposals, and sales contracts.
Desired Experience & Qualification
Diploma/higher certificate within the Sales &Marketing and/or Transport Sector
Experience in Marketing & Sales / Client Success / Experience / retention
Experience within Logistic / Transport industries highly preferred
Valid driver's license
Package & Remuneration
Salary: Up to max of R35K per month (dependent on experience)
Location:Irene, Pretoria. (willingness to travel in greater Gauteng))