Business Development Manager - Boksburg
Area: East Rand, Gauteng
Package: Basic Salary up to R42000 per month plus medical aid, provident fund, company car, 13th cheque
We need a strong Business Development Manager, who comes from the agricultural sector, that has experience of Strategy development and understand Distribution Channels, Sales and Marketing and have 5 to 8 Year of experiences within Farming industry
• Conducts analysis of demand for services and influences stakeholders to ensure that the necessary resources are made to deliver required services.
• Negotiates at senior level on technical and commercial issues, to ensure that customers, suppliers and other stakeholders understand and agree what will meet their needs, and that appropriate service level agreements are defined.
• Initiates improvement in services, products and systems.
• Establishes a long-term marketing strategy aligned with the overall marketing goals and objectives.
• Translates and adapt the strategy into operational plans (i.e. Pricing) across the marketing mix including elements of analysis, planning, implementation and control.
• Ensures consistency of business plan implementation across the marketing/sales functions.
• Measures progress of the activities against objectives.
• Facilitates and coordinates departments, marketing, segments, and organization’s counterparts to ensure continuous alignment between organizational strategies and investments.
• Provides strategic coaching and leadership to the marketing and affiliated teams on the business model.
• Distributes resources across segments/products/business lines/marketing mix (channel distribution, product, pricing, and promotion) based on marketing objectives/priorities.
• Anticipates and builds capacity and capability to respond to future market needs.
• Coordinates the implementation of channel strategy with other organizational stakeholders (e.g. sales, technology, etc.).
• Monitors and manages the effectiveness of channel performance and utilization of channel resources.
• Liaises with product and brand managers to facilitate the launch of new products via distribution channels.
• Builds and maintains long term relationships with channel members.
• Assesses the value proposition when identifying and creating solution (product, service, solution).
• Intervenes, as necessary, to assist others to address or resolve issues surrounding the solution (product, service, solution).
• Develops new & existing customer potentials that promote organizational objective for maximum penetrations and profitability.
• Lead new business opportunities by developing and analyzing business cases, market strategies, deal requirements, business potential, and financials.
• Works with key stakeholders to ensure forecast accuracy, maximization of opportunities and development of plans to deliver against organization’s objectives.
• Coordinates planning activities with other functions/stakeholders within the organization.
• Identifies business opportunities based on knowledge of clients, markets, products and services
• Creates new ideas, solutions or approaches to solve problems and produce the desired effect.
Information gathering & Processing
• Assists others in discerning and comparing critical information.
• Leads by example and fosters an environment of mutual trust through clear communication, open dialogue and consistent behaviour
• Scans and identifies the environment to identify new contacts that may be of potential use in the near future.
• Builds coalitions of partners to support proposals.
• Uses experts or other third parties to influence.
Relevant tertiary qualification
Credit and criminal clear
5 – 8 years’ agriculture experience