COLLEGE LIBRARIAN - Durban
more than 14 days ago
BEREA COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY
Berea College of Technology, a private higher education institution, requires an experienced Librarian with the necessary library qualifications. The candidate is expected to be familiar with resource requisition, accession register, cataloguing, Dewey Decimal Classification, e-books, e-journals, internet search, control of library resources. He/She must have knowledge in networking and library database agencies. The applicant must have experience in promoting the library and designing display materials of important events.
1. Library qualification, a Degree or Diploma level.
2. At least three  years working experience in a library.
3. A valid driver’s license
4. Proficient Computer Skills
5. Knowledge of Library Databases such as Ebscohost, Emerald, Sabinet etc
Skills and Experience:
• The candidate must have an ability to make independent decisions. Leadership, management, planning, organizing and co-ordination skills.
• A working knowledge of library administrative procedures.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills to interface with people from diverse backgrounds
• Computer literacy in Ms Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Knowledge and / or experience of records management.
• Able to work independently and under pressure