Compliance Officer - Johannesburg
• Working closely with business divisions to promote an appropriate Compliance culture to assist the company to remain compliant with:
FAIS, FMA, FSR, FICA, POCDATARA, JSE, and associated obligations , Risk & Compliance policies and procedures.
• Responsible to establish the Compliance Risk Management program and related compliance policies.
• Update the Compliance Manual and ensure that new employees are made aware of the compliance obligations applicable
• Responsible to keep abreast of new regulatory and legislative requirements applicable and to inform and advise the business areas thereof
• Responsible to establish good working relationships with industry bodies, work groups, FAIS forums, Regulators etc. and to maintain these relationships
• Assist with the preparation of the compliance training slides and documents for the training session(s).
• Responsible to manage logistical requirements for training such as book a meeting room and organize refreshments - where applicable
• Ensure that expert knowledge of FAIS and related matters is developed and maintained.
• Ensure that annual financial statements of all FSPs are submitted to the FSCA timeously to avoid regulatory sanctions
• Ensure ‘Registered Officers’ are registered, de-activated, suspended or details updated as required.
• Assist with the preparation for JSE on- and off-site reviews.
• Compile a draft compliance report for submission to the risk and management committees based on information obtained and submit same to the Compliance Manager for review and finalization.
• Ensure that the draft FSP FAIS Compliance Report is submitted to the Compliance Manager for timeous and accurate submission to the FSCA.
• Update outstanding data and maintain information required relating to compliance obligations on the databases or systems
Qualification, Skills and Experience required:
• B Com (Law), LLB or equivalent degree
• 3-4 years post graduate experience in commerce or law with additional compliance-related experience in the financial services industry of 2-3 years; and
• Must ideally be registered with the FSB as an approved Category 1 Compliance Officer and have passed the relevant SAIFM exams (particularly Introduction to Financial Markets, Regulation and Ethics, Derivatives RPE and Derivatives Compliance Officer Exam).