Construction Equipment Mechanic - Somerset West
more than 14 days ago
Construction Equipment Mechanic
Repairs and maintains construction (excavators, TLB’s, LDV’s, crushers and containers) and mechanical equipment such as trucks, trailers, batch plants, bulldozers, engines, motors, pumps and associated equipment.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
• Troubleshoots problems, making economical and durable repairs.
• Dismantles equipment to gain access to and remove defective parts using hoists and hand tools.
• Maintains and repairs heavy equipment (including excavators, TLB’s. LDV’s crushers and containers), trucks, shop, and non-mobile equipment on a company-wide basis.
• Services vehicles/equipment to include oil changes, greasing, adding fluids, changing filters and maintaining preventative maintenance schedules.
• Troubleshoots and repairs electrical and hydraulic systems, diesel and gasoline engines, transmissions, drive trains, etc.
• Repairs or replaces defective parts.
• Starts devices and equipment to test their performance before and after repairs.
• Must have knowledge and be somewhat proficient in operation and use of stick/wire feed welder.
• Maintains a clean and organized work area.
• Operates and maintains field service LDV.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
• Grade 12 with trade test and at least 3-5 years relevant construction artisan experience.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written and/or oral instructions
• Ability to work well with others in a group or one on one setting.
• May be subject to drug testing, and medical testing.
• Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
• Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
• Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
• Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
• Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
• Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance
Given the volume of applications expected, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive a call within 2 weeks of application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Please note that all placements will be made in accordance to the Company Employment Equity Policies and Practices.